The 191 North Wacker Drive building, also known as the Chicago Lantern Building, was designed in 2002. The international architecture firm of Kohn Pederson and Fox designed other skyscrapers on the block, including the famous 333 West Wacker Drive where Handler Thayer maintained offices for almost 15 years. 191 North Wacker Drive is a premiere glass block building set on the banks of the Chicago River with a blue-green glass facade with a white illuminated top.
The site of the building is a Chicago landmark. The Sauganash Hotel was built there in 1831 and was a popular spot for settlers, travelers and soldiers stationed at the nearby Fort Dearborn. It was here that the first Chicago village board of elections took place in 1863. The Sauganash Hotel burnt down in 1851 but the history making continued. A two-story building called the “Wigwam” was erected in 1860. Chicago’s first political convention was held here that year when the Republican National Committee nominated Illinois’ own Abraham Lincoln for president.
Handler Thayer, LLP
Attorneys and Counselors at Law
191 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2300
Chicago, Illinois 60606-1633
T: (312) 641-2100
F: (312) 641-6866
Parking Information: Limited public parking is available in the 191 N. Wacker Drive Building’s private garage. Additional public parking is available at the parking garage at Lake Street & Franklin. Handler Thayer is conveniently situated between three train stops in the loop: Merchandise Mart (Brown & Purple), Clark/Lake (Brown, Purple, Blue, Pink, Orange & Green), and Washington/Wells (Brown, Purple, Pink & Orange). Union Station and Northwestern Station are within a short walking distance.